Sunday, January 30, 2011

WHY DO PEOPLE GET TATTOOS


One cannot imagine a bigger fashion craze than tattoos. They are everywhere, from prison inmates to young collegians to professionals! What makes tattoos such a big hit? Why does everyone you know, want to get some kind of body art done? Why do people get tattoos, if they are so painful? Earlier, I was of the opinion that whoever gets a tattoo, does it for the sake of fashion. Later, one of my friends got a tattoo in the memory of his lost love. That was the moment I realized that fashion is not the only reason why people get tattoos. There are several other reasons which compel people to get themselves inked. Let us see them one by one.
Reasons Why People Get Tattoos
Personally, I am not a big supporter of tattoos. Although, I very much appreciate the magnificent artwork done by the artists, I believe human body may not be an ideal canvas for such artwork. For one reason, human body is the most beautiful artwork created by God himself and there can be no match for God’s own work. I fail to understand why do people get tattoos on their face, which is already so beautiful. Do they ever think how ugly it will look once they grow old and the skin becomes all wrinkled! However, let’s not get into that debate because, as they say, ‘to each his own’. So, let us see why people get tattoos in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment